Continuing Downtrend for Mortgage Rates
By RISMedia Staff
Mortgage rates tumbled this week, according to Freddie Mac's latest Primary Mortgage Market Survey® (PMMS®). The average 30-year, fixed rate is 4.28 percent; the average 15-year, fixed rate is 3.71 percent; and the average five-year, Treasury-indexed hybrid adjustable rate is 3.84 percent.
"Mortgage rates have dipped quite dramatically since the start of the year and house prices continue to moderate, which should help on the homebuyer affordability front," says Sam Khater, chief economist at Freddie Mac. "The combination of improving affordability and more inventory than the last few spring selling seasons should lead to improved home sales demand."
- Averaging 4.28 percent, with an average 0.4 point
- Down from 4.31 percent the prior week and 4.45 percent the prior year
- Averaging 3.71 percent, with an average 0.4 point
- Down from 3.76 percent the prior week and 3.91 percent the prior year
- Averaging 3.84 percent, with an average 0.3 point
- No change from the prior week, but up from 3.68 percent the prior year
Source: Freddie Mac
Thanks for visiting my Blog site. If you would like to discuss this topic with me or get more information please contact me by calling 919-247-4667 or emailing me at Tim@TheTrianglesBroker.com. And you can always visit my personal real estate website for lots of additional information and to search for homes at www.TheTrianglesBroker.com or www.BuyAndSelllingTriangleHomes.com McBrayer - The Triangles Broker.